Try New Things to Grow your Brain!
Friday - December17 , 2010 Filed in: Mind
When you have an new experience or learn something new, a new pathway is created in your brain. So, trying new experiences actually can improve your brain. Who wouldn’t want that? Read on for idea’s on how to get started.
- Figure out what you find interesting and exciting. Do you like TV shows, video games, movies, music? What about traveling, cooking, skating or swimming? Once you know what you like, read everything and learn everything about that topic.
- Consider joining groups associated with what you like learning.
- If you like languages, join a group that allows you to speak the language with others.
- If you like trains join an RC modeling and train group.
- There are plenty of cooking classes to be found
- If you have always wanted to act join an acting group
- What about Art. There are lots of art groups that meet and exchange idea’s and bring in speakers.
- Be creative
- Reading books isn’t the only way to learn... Visit the location of the last novel you read. Go see a museum that specializes in your interest. Tour a factory that makes your favorite food, skates, beer, etc.
- Try taking out your camera. You can upload your pictures to internet sites that will pay you when someone uses your image.
- Explore your local flea market, auction house or antique store to find treasures you can sell online.